A home care provider providing home health, hospice or home care aide services desiring to be certified by the California Association for Health Services at Home (CAHSAH) as meeting CAHSAH’s Certification Standards shall submit the following to CAHSAH:
- Provide your license number for each section in which you provide services. (California Department of Public Health Home Health Agency or Hospice license Department of Social Services, Home Care Services Bureau license)
- Provide your company policy for providing in-person supervision of all workers and a statement that you visit all your clients to assess quality at least annually.
- Provide a statement that indicates your organization interviews new applicants in-person prior to hiring them.
- Provide a copy of your written grievance policy that specifies the way a client may file a grievance/complaint.
- Provide your appropriate workers' comp carrier policy for all classifications for workers which you provide services.
Benefits of Certification:
- Shows referral sources and clients that your agency not only meets the State licensure standards but also meets the additional CAHSAH requirements necessary for certification.
- Demonstrates that workers have received additional training and that client safety assessment factors are in place.
- Provides a competitive edge in the marketplace and improves the ability to secure new business.
- Enhances staff recruitment and development. Certification can attract qualified personnel who prefer to serve in an organization which meets CAHSAH's Standards.
The CAHSAH Home Care Provider Certification Logo is available when you agree to the terms of the Logo License Agreement.
Please note that the Certification Program is a voluntary program. For further details email Michele Lander or (916) 317-2907.